Based in Chicago and Santa Fe, the Carl & Marilynn Thoma Foundation collection includes over 1,700 works and spans four broad fields: Art of the Spanish Americas, Digital & Media Art, Japanese Bamboo, and Post-War Painting & Sculpture.
The Foundation’s programs include:
- Artwork loans to venues around the world
- Awards, grants and fellowships to support original scholarship across our collection areas
- Educational opportunities for learners of all ages, such as lectures, symposia, and class visits to our exhibition spaces
- Exhibitions at Art Vault in Santa Fe
- Grants to nonprofit organizations for innovative exhibitions, academic programs, convening and publications in our collection areas