Based in Chicago and Santa Fe, the Carl & Marilynn Thoma Art Foundation’s collection includes over 1,400 works and spans four broad fields: Art of the Spanish Americas, Digital & Electronic Art, Japanese Bamboo, and Post-War Painting & Sculpture.
The Foundation’s programs include:
- Artwork loans to venues around the world.
- Awards and fellowships to support original scholarship across our collection areas.
- Educational opportunities for learners of all ages, such as lectures, symposia, and class visits to our exhibition spaces.
- Exhibitions at the Foundation spaces: Art House in Santa Fe and Orange Door in Chicago.
- Grants to nonprofit organizations for innovative exhibitions, academic programs, convening and publications in our collection areas.