On loan to the traveling exhibition Kota Ezewa: The Crime of Art, organized by SITE Santa Fe with the Mead Art Museum, is Kota Ezewa’s 2015 two-channel video artwork Double Tape.
This traveling exhibition brings together new and recent works related to Ezawa’s The Crime of Art series, a group of light-boxes and video animations that chronicle some of the most infamous and high profile museum heists in history. At the heart of this exhibition is a series of images that pays homage to the 13 artworks–including those by Degas, Manet, Rembrandt, and Vermeer–stolen from the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum in 1990.
Kota Ezewa: The Crime of Art will travel to the following venues:
- SITE Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM (October 7, 2017 – January 10, 2018)
- Ilges Gallery, Corn Center at Columbus State University, Columbus, GA (July 17 – September 22, 2018)
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Santa Barbara, CA (November 11, 2018 – January 20, 2019)
- Cummer Museum of Art, Jacksonville, FL (March 12 – December 1, 2019)
- Ruth and Elmer Wellin Museum of Art, Hamilton College, Clinton, NY (February 13 – June 13, 2021)
- Georgia Museum of Art at University of Georgia, Athens, GA (July 17 – October 17, 2021)