We ask prospective grantees to begin by reviewing our website thoroughly to determine if their project is compatible with our mission and art collection areas.
- We fund innovative projects and original ideas that will advance scholarship in the fields of art in which we collect.
- We encourage early stage projects where significant seed funds are critical to the endeavor and where the foundation can be a formative partner.
- We give strong preference to projects that highlight one or more artists from our collections.
- Applications should be received at least 12 months in advance of the start of the initiative.
- Exhibition Support
Support for curatorial projects and exhibitions that demonstrate new scholarly impact in the fields of art in which we collect, particularly those that reach out to new audiences through innovative approaches in outreach and education, including in-gallery interpretation. Exhibition support may be used for curatorial research, exhibition production, publications, public programming, conservation needs and related overhead expenses.
- Publication Support
Support for exhibition catalogues and publication projects that highlight new scholarship and understanding of the fields art in which we collect. Publication support may be used for research, translations, travel, editing and production costs.
- Academic and Research Support
Academic support and endowments for innovative people and projects that encourage critical thinking, inventive approaches and scholarship in the fields of art in which we collect. Academic support may be used for academic positions, research fellows, curriculum development and research travel grants.
- Convening Support
Support for artist talks, lectures, symposia, conferences and scholarly convening that cultivate dialogue around the pressing issues in the fields of art in which we collect.
The Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals from individuals.
Questions about our grant opportunities for organizations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.