The Foundation accepts grant applications from organizations biannually, in the spring and fall. When the application is open, it will be available online through the Thoma Foundation Applicant Portal.
The Fall 2018 application opens mid-August. Letters of Inquiry must be submitted during this interval. To preview the Letter of Inquiry form outside of the application cycle, please visit our Letter of Inquiry page.
To apply for a grant, the Foundation initially requests an online Letter of Inquiry (LOI). If the Foundation is interested in a project, we will request a Complete Proposal.
- Letter of Inquiry submitted to the Foundation through the Thoma Foundation Applicant Portal.
- Letters of Inquiry are reviewed by the Thoma Foundation Grants Committee twice a year, in April and October.
- The Foundation may send a request for a Complete Proposal.
- If a Complete Proposal is requested, the organization is asked to submit a Complete Proposal within one month of the request.
- Complete Proposal is reviewed.
- If a Complete Proposal is accepted, the Foundation and grantee will craft and sign a Grant Agreement.
- As of spring 2018, we no longer accept Letters of Inquiry on a rolling basis.
- A Letter of Inquiry must be submitted before a Complete Proposal is requested by the Foundation.
- We will respond to all Letters of Inquiry. However, we may not be able to provide reviewer comments on Letters of Inquiry that do not move forward. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
- A request for a Complete Proposal is not a guarantee of funding.
- If a grant is provided, the grantee will be required to complete interim and final reports summarizing and evaluating the project and budget expenditures.
Questions about our grant opportunities should be sent to email@example.com