PART-TIME COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (24 hrs/wk)
The Thoma Foundation seeks a part-time Communications Manager (Tuesday – Thursday) to create, implement and oversee all of the Foundation’s outward-facing communications including, but not limited to, advertising, press, website, e-communications and various social media channels. Communications Manager will also play a key role in instituting best practices for internal communications. Additional duties are outlined below.
We are a small, growing organization with a collaborative staff and the Communications Manager will be an integral part of realizing the Foundation priorities and goals. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and as a team, and will have a genuine passion for marketing and PR.
- Manage Foundation’s website and social media channels, including content creation
- Compose and send Foundation’s monthly newsletter and regular e-blasts
- Develop advertising strategy related to exhibition and Foundation endeavors
- Work with graphic designer to create advertisements and exhibition collateral
- Fine-tune and manage press lists
- Write and distribute press materials, including press releases, images
- Proactively cultivate and steward press relationships
- Respond to press inquiries
- Update Foundation information on local and national listings
- Supervise exhibition and artwork photography, as assigned
- Monitor and summarize media coverage and web traffic
- Direct special media projects related to Foundation’s grant-making activity
- Order and oversee production of business stationery and promotional materials
- Assist in developing internal communications policies
- Oversee Foundation branding materials and style guide
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
- Knowledge and/or passion for art and art history a strong preference
- Minimum two years of marketing or public relations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of best practices in digital marketing and social media
- Ability to work independently without much supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible, can-do attitude
- Familiarity and demonstrated acumen with WordPress, MailChimp, and Adobe Creative Suite
Location and Hours
This position is based in Chicago. Schedule is three full days: Tues, Weds & Thurs.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and a relevant writing sample (500-word maximum) to: email@example.com
Application deadline – July 30, 2017.