Our website explains our focus and priorities. We ask prospective borrowers to begin by reviewing them thoroughly to determine if their loan request is compatible with our mission and art collection areas.
Successful loans will satisfy the following criteria:
- Advance the Foundation’s mission to challenge and shift perceptions, spark creativity and connect people across cultures through art
- Bring new understanding to the developing and under-researched fields of art that are represented in our collection:
- Art of the Spanish Americas
- Digital & Electronic Art
- Japanese Bamboo
- Post-War Painting & Sculpture
- Establish effective presentation, messaging and communications around the project
- Exhibitions with a companion publication are encouraged
- The Foundation offers grants for publications, academic programs and educational programming
- Demonstrate advance planning and professional standards:
- Domestic loan request made a minimum of 6 months in advance of the loan start date, preferably 12 months in advance of the loan start date
- Venues meet AAM facility standards
- Exhibition meets audience and time on view requirements
- Create enterprising efforts to engage participants, stimulate conversation and facilitate learning for art and non-art audiences
- Establish measurable outcomes that will be evaluated as part of the loan
Please see our Artwork Loan Form page for more information.
Questions about artwork loan opportunities or our terms and conditions should be sent to email@example.com.